The Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) is a four year full-time (semester system) course of Purbanchal University designed to provide students with comprehensive and practical training for a career in pharmacy.Structured with an emphasis on research, clinical & industrial experience and interaction with the public, the BPharm equips students with a range of skills required for effective pharmacy practice. It extends beyond traditional approaches to pharmacy education by shifting the focus from drug chemistry and delivery to incorporate issues such as how drugs are developed, how patients use them, and how pharmacists can optimise patient care through interaction with other health professionals.
Developed in consultation with leading pharmacists, the degree reflects the needs of contemporary and future pharmacy practice. It places emphasis on the development of independent and critical thinking, stresses the importance of professionalism and ethical practice, and develops practical skills in analysis, problem solving and information management.
A dissertation in the final year of study consolidates research and analytical skills, while training placements enables students to gain experience in appropriate clinical/industrial settings under the guidance of experienced pharmacists.
The entry requirement for a new student in B. Pharm. will be Intermediate in Science (I. Sc.) or Higher Secondary level (10+2, Science Stream) or Diploma in Pharmacy or equivalent as recognized by Purbanchal University with more than 50% marks. Besides the basic academic requirement, all the candidates must pass the entrance examination conducted by the University to be eligible for admission.
- To prepare a health caring and community oriented pharmacist who is competent to deal with the health and pharmaceutical based problems of the people in a scientifically sound manner using appropriate technology and holistic approach.
- To prepare pharmaceutical industry oriented pharmacist who is competent to supervise the production of safe and effective medicines.
- To study and strengthen the existing pharmacy practices in the private and public sector organizations through continuous education and training programs.
- To conduct collaborative research with various pharmaceutical industries and hospitals for mutual benefits.
- To contribute to pharmacy literature relevant to Nepal through research and publications.
- To provide adequate educational background for other rewarding careers in pharmacy profession.